I got a lot done today. Pretty much the whole front cab, minus the doors. One whole roll of foil tape down, 2 cans of 3M extra duty spray adhesive. It really feels like things are coming together.

Picture

Picture Picture

I also tackled a problem I was having where my parking brake would sometimes not deploy. It turns out the mechanism is a spring loaded tooth that’s supposed to engage a gear and pull the brake cord, but this tooth was somewhat rusted in place. I cleaned it up, and also bent the spring so it applies more force on the tooth.

Picture Picture Picture

A few more pictures of all the nooks and crannies filled in. It took around 6 hours to get to this point, including fixing the e-brake. Working with the garage door open so the fumes don’t drive me mad.

Picture Picture
Picture Picture
Picture Picture

It all comes together once the carpet goes in. I’m pumped at how things are turning out. I can’t wait to hear how much road noise is eliminated.

Picture Picture