This post will cover a few of the tasks I took care of while getting things back together. At this point, the interior is fully insulated, the carpet and interior paneling is put back in place, and everything is looking great. There were just a few more things to go before calling it complete.

Picture

One of the upgrades I wanted to make was to install a C6 shifter assembly. The knob is much more ergonomic, and the box itself has a slightly smoother feel to it. The shift-box itself is a bolt-on replacement for the OEM shifter. Unfortunately the top of the boot is much too small to accommodate the new knob. I was able to fix this by undoing the stitching a small ways down the boot, until the knob was a firm fit. Then I used some epoxy inside the fold to form a firm brim. This was held in place around the knob itself with a zip tie while it dried. I’m very pleased with how it turned out. The boot is molded to the knob, has a pretty tight fit without any hardware, but is able to be removed easily as well if desired.

Picture

It looks right at home in the car, feels great in my hand. I really couldn’t be happier.

Picture

The next step was to replace the pins on those corroded seat connectors. I ordered a crimp tool and the appropriate pins from Mouser. It took about an hour to get everything apart and re-crimped. I wasn’t having trouble with the seats yet, but this gives me good peace of mind that I won’t have any problems with it in the near future.

Picture

Now I just need to get everything put back together. Even with just the parts that are in now there’s a drastic improvement to the car.